Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions

Post by Zetsu on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

- Genjutsu -

I have an idea to implement Genjutsu. If you are caught under genjutsu, the way to break it will include focusing your chakra to one central point in your body just like in the show. This should require about 30 seconds or so to complete and should be automatically activated to ensure balance, and while you are under genjutsu you are unable to gain control of your character. Genjutsu may be broken by being hit hard enough by an ally as well. While under genjutsu, the opponent may make you attack your ally since they are able to tap into your senses. So genjutsu would last for 30 seconds or until it is broken. Genjutsu also makes the user to be more susceptible to attack if they put one of your teammates under a genjutsu, but if they are attacked the genjutsu does not break. It is up to the user to break the genjutsu or have it run out after 30 seconds. Genjutsu would be very situational and help turn the tides in a battle, but misuse would be punished and skillful play would be encouraged.

If anyone plays wow, this could be similar to Domintate Mind.

- Reward System -

There should be a reward system for spreading the word about this project. Liking a Facebook page, following the project on Twitter, subscribing on Youtube, etc. if someone does the following things to help spread the word about the project, they should be rewarded with bonus in-game character options or something special. This would encourage people to support the project and be rewarded at the same time, without being forced to.

- Forum Activity -

To ensure an active community, post count should help to unlock in-game cosmetics. This would help the community stay involved and help the game grow at an even faster pace.

- Teams -

There should be teams made up of people in similar villages/zones. Teams would consist of atleast 1 support/medical ninja to ensure PvP doesn't turn into a zergfest and encourage cooperation between teammates instead of everyone just using all of their powerful ninjutsu at once. Teams would consist of 3-4 members and they could be a requirement to complete certain missions. Teams would help create a more social environment and help people to bring their friends into the game.

- Chakra Nature/Clans/Zones -

Each Shinobi should start with a chakra nature/zone of their choosing and be assigned to a clan based on availability. Not being assigned a certain chakra nature would make the game very bland but would be fine for the Alpha stage, so this should probably be taken into consideration by the time Beta releases. Since the zones/lore will be created by the Developers, they could create unique clans and assign an equal amount to each respective zone. It would be important to lock certain zones based on availability to ensure balance between the zones. The amount of depth in the game would be much improved because each time a character is made, he is assigned into a different clan and would earn special abilities respective to that clan and a unique experience (combination of chakra nature + clan) would pan out for every player. If there were say 30 different clans throughout the world, this would lead to 150 unique playstyles. Each clan could have different base stats which would alter their fighting style, such as accuracy/range/stamina/speed/ninjustu power/regeneration/defense. Each clan could also have special jutsu linked to their clan. Balancing would become an issue at this point, but player feedback would help the developers achieve a fair playing environment.

- Progression System -

There should be a progression system where you unlock ninjutsu through completion of story missions and advance as a shinobi. It should be something along the lines of  Shinobi Rank V -> Shinobi Rank IV -> Shinobi Rank III -> Shinobi Rank II -> Shinobi Rank I. Once you reach rank I of your respective village ranking Shinobi/Genin/Chuunin, you are up for a promotion. In order to be promoted you must pass the required exams and will end up Rank V of the next ninja level. Once you are a Jounin Rank I, you have hit the max level of ninja in the game. End game content should be available to Jounin and they should also be able to help the community and be looked up to, becoming a moderator/GM should be the next step, but is a difficult process that may take many months and dedication. It's also a possibility to decide whether Chuunin and Jounin are able to learn additional chakra natures, but that is up to the developers.

Just tossing ideas, some may be obvious and others not. :)Tell me what you think and offer suggestions as well. I will post notable suggestions on the main post. I will update this thread if I think of anything else, lol.

Zetsu
Genin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 22
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by ashes13 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Zetsu wrote:- Genjutsu -

I have an idea to implement Genjutsu. If you are caught under genjutsu, the way to break it will include focusing your chakra to one central point in your body just like in the show. This should require about 30 seconds or so to complete and should be automatically activated to ensure balance, and while you are under genjutsu you are unable to gain control of your character. Genjutsu may be broken by being hit hard enough by an ally as well. While under genjutsu, the opponent may make you attack your ally since they are able to tap into your senses. So genjutsu would last for 30 seconds or until it is broken. Genjutsu also makes the user to be more susceptible to attack if they put one of your teammates under a genjutsu, but if they are attacked the genjutsu does not break. It is up to the user to break the genjutsu or have it run out after 30 seconds. Genjutsu would be very situational and help turn the tides in a battle, but misuse would be punished and skillful play would be encouraged.

If anyone plays wow, this could be similar to Domintate Mind.

Each genjutsu will be different. This is not something that could be applied to all.

Zetsu wrote:- Reward System -

There should be a reward system for spreading the word about this project. Liking a Facebook page, following the project on Twitter, subscribing on Youtube, etc. if someone does the following things to help spread the word about the project, they should be rewarded with bonus in-game character options or something special. This would encourage people to support the project and be rewarded at the same time, without being forced to.

No, we are not going to reward everyone who posts about the game somewhere. This is something that encourages people to spam other places. Plus this would be nearly impossible to track and keep an eye on. This is something that is planned for donators, not people who "subscribe to our youtube."

Zetsu wrote:- Forum Activity -

To ensure an active community, post count should help to unlock in-game cosmetics. This would help the community stay involved and help the game grow at an even faster pace.

Please, encourage spamming and people who just want post counts, this is a GREAT idea.
(In case anyone can't catch the sarcasm, NO.)

Zetsu wrote:- Teams -

There should be teams made up of people in similar villages/zones. Teams would consist of atleast 1 support/medical ninja to ensure PvP doesn't turn into a zergfest and encourage cooperation between teammates instead of everyone just using all of their powerful ninjutsu at once. Teams would consist of 3-4 members and they could be a requirement to complete certain missions. Teams would help create a more social environment and help people to bring their friends into the game.

There will be teams. But wars (PVP) would be organized by ranks into teams.

Zetsu wrote:- Chakra Nature/Clans/Zones -

Each Shinobi should start with a chakra nature/zone of their choosing and be assigned to a clan based on availability. Not being assigned a certain chakra nature would make the game very bland but would be fine for the Alpha stage, so this should probably be taken into consideration by the time Beta releases. Since the zones/lore will be created by the Developers, they could create unique clans and assign an equal amount to each respective zone. It would be important to lock certain zones based on availability to ensure balance between the zones. The amount of depth in the game would be much improved because each time a character is made, he is assigned into a different clan and would earn special abilities respective to that clan and a unique experience (combination of chakra nature + clan) would pan out for every player. If there were say 30 different clans throughout the world, this would lead to 150 unique playstyles. Each clan could have different base stats which would alter their fighting style, such as accuracy/range/stamina/speed/ninjustu power/regeneration/defense. Each clan could also have special jutsu linked to their clan. Balancing would become an issue at this point, but player feedback would help the developers achieve a fair playing environment.

This is already all figured out and if you ask QUESTIONS on the Q&A I will gladly answer. I am in the process of writing a document about the game concerning how everything works, but it is going to take time.

Zetsu wrote:- Progression System -

There should be a progression system where you unlock ninjutsu through completion of story missions and advance as a shinobi. It should be something along the lines of  Shinobi Rank V -> Shinobi Rank IV -> Shinobi Rank III -> Shinobi Rank II -> Shinobi Rank I. Once you reach rank I of your respective village ranking Shinobi/Genin/Chuunin, you are up for a promotion. In order to be promoted you must pass the required exams and will end up Rank V of the next ninja level. Once you are a Jounin Rank I, you have hit the max level of ninja in the game. End game content should be available to Jounin and they should also be able to help the community and be looked up to, becoming a moderator/GM should be the next step, but is a difficult process that may take many months and dedication. It's also a possibility to decide whether Chuunin and Jounin are able to learn additional chakra natures, but that is up to the developers.

This is ALSO already figured out.

Zetsu wrote:Just tossing ideas, some may be obvious and others not. :)Tell me what you think and offer suggestions as well. I will post notable suggestions on the main post. I will update this thread if I think of anything else, lol.

I'm sorry if I come off as a giant jerk, but I created the Q&A for a reason. We also do not have a suggestions section right now for a reason. If we need suggestions we will ask for them.
PLEASE do not post anymore things like this, it's VERY frustrating for me to have to go through posts like this when it's completely unnecessary. Again, sorry if I come off as a jerk, I don't mean to, just do not enjoy having to do this.

From your reward suggestions, I'm going to assume you are new to forums and used to things more like kickstarter. Once you go past a certain amount of people it is impossible to keep track of them unless you are using something like kickstarter, we literally could not keep track of people trying to spread news about the game unless they sent us a link or a screen shot of what they did every time, which is NOT something we are willing to try to manage. Again, we are going to reward donators with cosmetic items, but not people who just tell their friends.

As far as post count giving you rewards, that is a HORRIBLE idea. It would be abused beyond all belief. It would be very easy to keep track of, but people would just spam threads to get a high post count to get rewards. Trust me on this one, I've been a mod/admin long enough to know EXACTLY how that would go.

I know that you are new to this game and it's community and the only suggestion I can really give you is ask questions in the Q&A (This community goes back to Naruto Abunai which has been around for about 7-8 years {I think}, and this game was started in May 2012, so several of the people here have been around for quite a long time). We had a giant FAQ on our last couple of forums, but the information was lost when our last forum was deleted and the document file disappeared off my computer (I assume I accidentally deleted it MONTHS ago). This game has been around for quite a while now, hence the lack of need for suggestions, I should be able to answer most questions you have. So please, ask questions, I don't always bite.


Last edited by ashes13 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

~~~~~~
Shinobi RisingsShinobi Risings

ashes13
Admin

Posts : 70
Join date : 2013-04-03

View user profile http://shinobirisings.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Dr.Acula on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Zetsu wrote:-

- Reward System -

There should be a reward system for spreading the word about this project. Liking a Facebook page, following the project on Twitter, subscribing on Youtube, etc. if someone does the following things to help spread the word about the project, they should be rewarded with bonus in-game character options or something special. This would encourage people to support the project and be rewarded at the same time, without being forced to.

- Forum Activity -

To ensure an active community, post count should help to unlock in-game cosmetics. This would help the community stay involved and help the game grow at an even faster pace.

These 2 ideas specifically will not be implemented, ever.

As ash said, they are just asking for trouble, not just from us, but for everyone else on the internet as well.

Not only that, but not everyone has time to spend all day long just spamming about the game.

It wouldnt be fair to everyone else, and we are completely against options that keep the game unfair.

Just a friendly opinion is all.

Even if its something like cosmetics, small details go a long way in a game such as this.

~~~~~~

Dr.Acula
The Master Debater

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Ormal on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:15 am

Thank you Zetsu for all the energy! It's good that you are as invested in the game as you are! I would advise you to take a look around our Q&A if you have not already and in general search for more info before posting however, so we can avoid wasteful posts.

"I don't always bite."  -Ashes13
 
You don't need to Twisted Evil

~~~~~~

Ormal
Academy Student

Posts : 35
Join date : 2013-07-04
Age : 22
Location : 'Murica , USA! USA! USA!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Zetsu on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:35 pm

OK thanks. I was just offering suggestions. Take them as you like lol. In the end i'm just trying to help out.

Zetsu
Genin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 22
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Dr.Acula on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Zetsu wrote:OK thanks. I was just offering suggestions. Take them as you like lol. In the end i'm just trying to help out.

Oh we have no problem with people helping out.

There's just some things that we already have laid out and are working on informing everyone of so far. Its party on us for not saying anything at first but at the same times its one of those "Wait and see" moments + its part of why we have our indiedb linked at the top of the forum. Kudos for taking the time to write all of it out though.


~~~~~~

Dr.Acula
The Master Debater

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Zetsu on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm

Dr.Acula wrote:
Zetsu wrote:OK thanks. I was just offering suggestions. Take them as you like lol. In the end i'm just trying to help out.

Oh we have no problem with people helping out.

There's just some things that we already have laid out and are working on informing everyone of so far. Its party on us for not saying anything at first but at the same times its one of those "Wait and see" moments + its part of why we have our indiedb linked at the top of the forum. Kudos for taking the time to write all of it out though.


Yeah being new to the forum, I didn't see much to reference off of. Only the Indiedb page and this forum. Just like every new release, keeping people informed and excited will lead to success at launch. I hope the team not only makes a good game but is able to have a large community to support growth Very Happy

Zetsu
Genin

Posts : 90
Join date : 2013-07-12
Age : 22
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Warvold on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 pm

As nobody has spoken about this yet (not that I have read it), I'd suggest that the modelers who aren't doing anything, until the team finds an animator and releases the alpha, could do create one more map/area for us to play on the alpha (something like an arena system), because as the game will take a long time to develop, those who would play the alpha could vary between different areas. That way, if you created perhaps a city (or even used the one you had for konoha earlier), players would be able to have a better experience.

~~~~~~


          u suck

Warvold
Genin

Posts : 75
Join date : 2013-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by StalkerSan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 am

I agree with Warvold...

~~~~~~

Anyone who wants to mourn too for our lost brother, put this as a signature Sad

StalkerSan
Chunin

Posts : 126
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by yahiko24 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:48 am

Warvold wrote:As nobody has spoken about this yet (not that I have read it), I'd suggest that the modelers who aren't doing anything, until the team finds an animator and releases the alpha, could do create one more map/area for us to play on the alpha (something like an arena system), because as the game will take a long time to develop, those who would play the alpha could vary between different areas. That way, if you created perhaps a city (or even used the one you had for konoha earlier), players would be able to have a better experience.
agreed

~~~~~~
thy be a gfx guy (requests accepted)

yahiko24
Genin

Posts : 63
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 18
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Aki Tenshi on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:26 am

what kind of environment would you guys like to have as a second option?

Aki Tenshi
Team Member

Posts : 70
Join date : 2013-07-01
Age : 22
Location : Manchester, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Saitou on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:47 am

Aki Tenshi, could you please update us on the game status ? is this ever going to happen ?

I feel like every team member is on.his own, scattered and has forgotten about this project / gave up on it.
You may say that i'm speaking out of ignorance for i have no idea of what is going on with the project/team, but this is just how i feel due to the lack of update.

I know that you all have got lives like the rest of us but, are you people going to go ahead with this ? and if the project is on pause, can you estimate or predict approximately when you're going to resume it ?

Sorry for any inconvenience and if any of the devs got offended with this.

I would just like to know where this is going because I, like many else have been following this from the very start.

~~~~~~

Saitou
Chunin

Posts : 177
Join date : 2013-06-30
Age : 19
Location : United Arab Emirates

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by StalkerSan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 am

^ whatever he said

~~~~~~

Anyone who wants to mourn too for our lost brother, put this as a signature Sad

StalkerSan
Chunin

Posts : 126
Join date : 2013-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum